Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Linnea Ann Childs

Linnea Ann Childs







Weight: 7 lbs 11 ounces







Length: 20 inches







Born: December 14, 2008







Time: 3:52 am














well our wonderful baby is finally here. We named her Linnea Ann. She is absolutley GORGEOUS! She is such a sweet baby and I feel so blessed to have her in our little family. I'll just tell the whole story and update everyone, so I started having contractions on the 12th around 6:00, but I figured they were just the fake ones, but they kept coming so we started timing them. They kept getting more intense and we ended up going to labor and delivery around 3:30 am on the 13th. They said I was in early labor, but the contractions weren't causing any dialation so we ended up getting sent home with two loratab to wait and see if they would continue or cause dialation. It slowed down for a few hours, but later that afternoon they started coming pretty regular again, by this time my mom and little brother landon had driven down just in case she came. At around 7:00 that night I was hurting alot so we decided to head back in and good thing we did, they checked me and said that I was almost dialated to a five so they admitted me and we started the hard part of labor. My goal was to avoid an epidural, so for about three hours I walked the halls, tried to play cards with Derek did ALOT of deep breathing, but when a contraction finally made me so tense that it made me cry and get upset at the husband, I asked for an epidural. It didn't feel that great going in, but I was able to get pain relief. It did cause labor to slow down quite a bit, I had been dialating pretty quick, but didn't make it to a ten until about two in the morning. Finally they said we could start the pushing and we did and almost two hours later we had our beautiful little girl.
Proud Daddy...very excited!




Just born and tired!

She did give a a little scare coming into the world though. Apparently her umbilical cord was a little short so as she was being pushed through the birth canal it tightened and caused her oxygen supply to be cut off, so they noticed her heart rate dropping and as she came out she didn't cry and my doctor called in the respiratory team and alot of other people to come and get her to breath. I didn't really understand what was happening all I knew was that I hadn't heard a noise come from the baby. My doctor started reassuring me as they all were working on her and explained to me what had happened and that she would be just fine. And she was finally after about a minute we heard her cry, and I'll tell you what nothing sounded better to me than that. She is doing wonderfully now and has the sweetest little personality. She is such a cuddle bug. She has a full head of long "cinnamon" color hair that is just adorable. Already she has daddy wrapped around her little finger and she most certainly is a daddy's girl. We had to stay in the hospital just for a night and were released on the 15th. I'm pretty sore, I tore pretty bad, but it's healing. It has been a wonderful experience, her schedule is a little off so she was up for five hours straight last night, but it'll get more regular soon. She does have jaundice that is a downside that has caused me to worry a little bit, but her pediatrician is very aggressive with jaundice so they are treating it early and doing tests everyday to see if she will need to be placed under lights we're praying that it'll go away soon. Anyways thats is the story, I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to anyone's texts or phone calls it is hard to catch up on sleep so i've been trying to do that whenever I can. Thanks for all the support I can't wait for you all to meet her!


(sorry I didn't rotate this)

Linnea with mom!

2 comments:

Kara Welker said...

Emily she is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you and Derek, you have your own little beautiful family! Congratulations! :) By the way, Love the middle name :) It is a good one, she'll like it!

Kierstin said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! I love you :) xo