Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Monday, July 27, 2009

What is going on????

Ok so Linnea has decided to change her sleep patterns completely!!! She has been an AMAZING sleeper so far in her life, like 3 hour naps and sleeping from 8 to 8 every night. She cut her two bottom teeth and still seemed normal except she woke up about 6:30 or 7 in the morning, now we have a different story...maybe a 45 minute nap during the day and maybe another 15 minute nap later on, then going to bed still around 8 or 8:30 and waking up around 2 then 4 then 5 then finally around 7. This has been going on for the last two weeks, as some of you know I work at home and I count on longer naps to get any work done!!! So any advice to help kids sleep better I would love it. I don't know if her teeth are upsetting her or what, but she is still a happy baby a little bit more needy and when she wakes up from her naps it is LOUD she likes to scream! Some people told me the "let them cry" method, I tried, can't do it...it makes me cry, so anything else would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

With my boys I eventually did the "cry it out" even though it was SUPER tough. I would lay them down and take a shower or move to a different part of the house so I wouldn't hear the crying. I only had to do it a couple days and they caught on. My doctor said to ease into it by letting them cry 5 minutes, going in and letting them know it's time to go to sleep, cry 10 minutes, going in and letting them know it's time to go to sleep, etc. But I understand, it's really hard to hear them cry. Good luck! Gotta love these curve balls as new momma's, huh! She's so cute!

Spjut Family said...

I can't let Cole cry it out either. Everyone tells me I have to, but I haven't. What seems to be working (one night wake ups) is a small glow worm, will its a sea horse. I lay by him, push the belly, the light and music go on and he goes back to sleep. Maybe it will help???