Hey everyone...Ok...so I'm the kind of person who likes to get advice during tough choices. Ever since Linnea came into our life my school road has turned upside down. So my ultimate goal since high school was to be an Occupational Therapist. The only program is at the U and it's a masters. I talked to the lady over the program and she says it takes about 4 years after your associates degree, so in my case it'll be about 4 1/2, which is actually alot shorter than I thought. Also I have been looking at Stevens-Henager college as I've written before, at the Respiratory Therapy program. It is accelerated, but still would take me about 3 years maybe a little less for the bachelors degree. I would need to take out a pretty big loan for the RT, something I haven't done before, but the classes are at night so it might be a little bit more flexible. Occupational Therapist gets paid more thats for sure, after I graduated I could work one day and make the same amount the some people do in a week, so that is the positive about that it is a very flexible job for mommys. Anyways this is a big dilemma for us right now, because I know that I can't just go to school for a few years and hand Linnea off to someone else all day long until I'm finished. I was set on the Respiratory Therapy and then the U called me and told me the length of the OT program, I had originally thought it would take me about 6 more years, so when things like that happen I get all wishy washy and go back and forth. Any advice would be wonderful...even if you've heard anything about any of the schools I would love to know...
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
School is very important. But I'm a bit advocate for stay at home homes. I worked part time this year (3 1/2 hrs a day) and it about killed me to leave my little guy. Or to wake him up from a nap to go to the baby sitters. It made me feel like crap. My advice... wait unitl all your kids are in school and then finish yours up. Time goes by too fast. That is what Kierstein decided to do.
sorry for the error... it should say "stay at home moms." :)
Post a Comment