Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sisters of Light


Well last night I was able to attend the relief society birthday celebration for our stake! It was FANASTIC! Our stake women's choir dressed up in different clothes, like from different time periods and different countries, then they did a musical presentation full of narrations and different stories to show how amazing the women of the Lord are and what they can go through. A lot of sisters who narrated shared actual personal stories and I tell you what I'm never complaining about a trial again, because my trials seemed pretty simple compared to what some of them were going through at this time. One woman shared that she lost FIVE babies, got divorced after 16 years, and was left single with a special needs child and a child with a behavioral disorder. Then she explained how the Lord blessed her by meeting a great guy, who's wife had just passed away and his five kids, and she said she finally lived happily ever after. Another lady told how she and her husband were pregnant with their fourth baby and had just built a house. Six days after moving in they lost their jobs due to the economy and a year and a half later are still jobless and the bank is foreclosing on their home. It just amazed me how strong all those women are despite the difficult trials. It was exactly what I needed to hear at this time as Derek and I are getting ready to move and it's pretty unknown to us what could happen. It feels like this is going to be a big risk for us seeing as I will be back in school full time and Derek is going to take a second job and go to school- we can see the sacrifices that we will make and they are coming quickly. But, it really helped me and reminded me that the Lord will never abandon those that serve Him and do what is right. You and your families can make it through anything with His help!
Families are Forever

0 comments: