Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Monday, February 23, 2009

UPSET....But I won!!!!!

Ok- So here is my venting post...My sweet little baby has acid reflux...and it's very uncomfortable for the poor little girl every time she eats. Our wonderful pediatrician let us use these samples of the perscription prevacid for about a month and it worked wonders for her, then we ran out so they called the prescription in to the pharmacy- about a week and a half ago I go to pick it up and the pharmacist tells me that the insurance company isnt' sure if they are going to pay for it because it's a pretty expensive medicine and they want to make sure that she really needs it. So I left pretty unhappy. The next day we went to the pediatrician and I called the insurance company, they told me that the authorization process takes about a week then at the end of that is when they decide if they want to pay for it. Our pediatrician told us he had been on the phone with them as well and they sent them to their ACCOUNTANT! The accountant explained to our doctor that she should try another medicine to see if that worked before they would consider paying for the prevacid! Our Dr. asked him if he would like to take care of the patient since he seemed to know more about medicine than he did. So, we were told we had to try another medicine. We did, Linnea hated the taste of it and tried to spit it out everytime I gave it to her, but what else could I do. So last night was the final straw, mother bear came out, I stayed up with my poor baby about all night because she was too uncomfortable to sleep and watched her tense up and scratch her poor little face trying to figure out how to fix her own discomfort...well our insurance company got a call from me bright and early. I couldn't believe that they would make a poor little girl wait for the right medicine while they decided if they would cover it. Well by the end of our conversation I was informed that they would cover it!!!! What a relief! The medicine takes almost two weeks to really get working but when it does it really helped her. Don't get me wrong I am so thankful for our insurance, but I was sooooooo angry that they acted as if they could care less that a little innocent baby had to be in pain all the time over a stupid payment....Well at least we have the good stuff now, but I am finding out quickly you don't mess with my kid :) I know I am tough :)

3 comments:

Kimi said...

Way to put your foot down friend! I hate insurance companies. Don't even get me started on Worker's Comp. I'm glad you were fierce and got your baby the meds. Way to go! :)

Adam and Natalie said...

I know how that goes insurance companies are a pain! I am very upset at our's right now ha ha! Glad you were able to get things worked out! Hope your baby feels better!

Spjut Family said...

ph, that makes me mad. Those dumb insurance companies.

Hope she feels better soon.