The past few weeks I've been thinking about some things. The past two months since Linnea has been born have been FULL of so many blessings, that I do notice. I feel that I am given everything that I ask for...but it hit me the other day that I am getting blessed, but what are you doing to keep the blessings? I always have the thought in my head like...Ok today I'm going to read my scriptures...but never do...or today is the day Derek and I are going to start our family scripture study again (which has been slacking since Linnea came), but we only just talk about it...or I am going to do a service project for someone every month...but again it's only thought about...the list I found sadly goes on and on. I feel that the Lord knows that I want to do all these things, but for some reason all they ever do is just get talked about. It made me sad that I have been excepting sooooo many wonderful things from the Lord, and I feel like he's just waiting for me to pay it forward by serving him throughout the week other than just Sundays. I think if we all reflect on ourselves, at least I have found its amazing even if I was doing all those things religiously the Lord would still be handing out the blessings ten times more...I feel so grateful right now for all that he has given to me and my family...so last night Derek and I seriously said we were going to start doing the things that we used to do. Since our schedule has changed alot and most of the time we'd like to take our free time to relax or do our homework or something else we feel we also need to take those opportunities to do things that spiritually we know we should. So I have my own goals, but as a family we are going to say morning and night prayers...even if I've just put the baby back down I told Derek to wake me up to pray...which he did and we will begin our scripture reading again. I think the Lord was teaching me a lesson lately. That I need to sacrifice something I enjoy doing...like something dumb like watching a show I really enjoy, and need to show him that He is the important priority in my family. I don't know if this makes sense, but I've just had it on my mind. I hope if you reflect on your own lives you're doing better than I am...but we'll get back on track!!!!! :)
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Its interesting, because I have been thinking alot over the past month about that same thing. You know how I LOVE to read and when I am done with homework and cooking, cleaning, etc...that is what I like to do. However, I often find myself thinking that I should read scriptures instead, but of course I tell myself I deserve to read for a while and the scriptures never get touched. I was sitting in between classes the other day studying for a test that was the next hour and I just couldn't study any longer! There was nothing else to do and so I pulled out my scriptures and started reading Moses. I couldn't believe how much I LOVED it. I hadn't felt that way for such a long time cause I always had something I wanted to do more. I definately think it was a teaching moment from the Lord and I hope that I can set my priorties straight. THanks for your good story! Good luck!
I love you Em! You're such a great girl, and now cute mom! Great goals too, I know exactly what you're saying. I feel like when I tell God I'm thankful for the things He has blessed me with, that it's just words unless I show Him my gratitude my serving and putting priority to the gospel principles. Also, another thing I've learned, is the greater the sacrifice the more sacred the blessings. Like with tithing and time, and well- everything!
I love and miss you!
Lisa
Post a Comment