Well things are wonderful for us right now. Linnea is a wonderful baby, she loves to smile, go on her walks and hang out with mom and dad. She has slept through the night two times already and usually sleeps for about at least five hours a night, it's very nice. Derek is back into school and he says it's getting pretty tough, he is trying really hard at balancing working 50 hours a week being a full time student and being a hubby and new daddy, he is doing a GREAT job and I appreciate him so much he is so willing to help me. I am in my anatomy and physiology class online and sometimes I struggle and finding time to work on it and take my quizes but I am trying. I am already nervous for the final, because it's 50% of my grade, so hopefully I do well because I need to get a B in order to apply for the program.
Well this past week Derek and I headed up north to celebrate our anniversary. We made it to my parents house Thursday night, Linnea did very well in the car I thought and then she slept all night so I was very happy. Friday came and Derek and I headed down to Salt Lake for our over nighter...and my parents watched Linnea. It was sooooo hard to leave her. I've only left her at the most for two hours, so I got a little emotional, but I was ready to have a night with Derek. So we made it to our hotel and just wanted to relax, so the nice husband I have bought Twilight on the T.V. so we could watch it again...he let me watch what I wanted over his movie he wanted cause he is a sweetie pie...then we decided to go to dinner...we asked for recomendations from the front desk, at first we went to the NEW Yorker, but it had a long wait so we went
to a place called Christophers. So we should have looked at a menu first because it was very pricey for our budget, but we decided we could splurge for our anniversary. So I ordered my usual chicken alfredo and Derek got a steak. When we got our expensive food I took one bite and thought I bit into a glove of garlic smothered in vinegar!!!! And Derek pretty much was eating charred meat. His french fries were good though so Derek told me to eat up because those french fries were like 10 bucks each :) We are both pretty passive so we said we should've asked for something else, but all we told the server was we didn't like the food....dang we need to stand up more. So after that we went Ice Skating which was really fun...Derek showed me his skating moves :). So the next morning we planned to go to the temple and do an endownment session, but another funny story happened for us...so I hope this isn't too personal for everyone, but I nurse Linnea and obviously I didn't have my baby there to eat so I get filled up alot in the upper body, and I didn't bring enough bottles to pump into so we made it to chapel of the temple before I realize there was niagra falls leaking onto my temple dress so we had to go. We had a lot to laugh about at our first anniversary attempt. The whole reason we wanted to come up for was to go to the temple so we are trying to plan another time to come up so we can do a session...it was an interesting night, but a
t least we can laugh at ourselves and our unprepardness :) My parents loved having Linnea for the night, thankfully she slept well for them so that was great. On our way home we got to go visit Derek's sister Crystal and her new baby Asher...he is ADORABLE so the cousins got to meet eachother. They are only six weeks apart so hopefully they'll grow up as good buddies. Well that was our weekend and life at the moment. I hope everyone is doing fabuolous....

3 comments:
WOW! What a time. I am glad that you guys were able to go have fun! Niagra Falls huh? Wow...that sounds like an experience I can't wait for ;) Glad you had a good time. Hope you like your blog layout. Tell Derek good luck with everything that is a crazy schedule!
Em you make me laugh! I love you tons and I'm happy to see your little family is doing well! Wish I could have seen you but hopefully you can come up again soon!
I am so excited for you to move up here, then we can play:)
Post a Comment