Well as I'm sure everyone knows...the economy is kinda crazy right now. It's really made Derek and I think about the future and what we can do to make sure we are financially stable. His company laid off six employees last week, which is quite scary when they only have about 30 electricians working for them. They had to lay off because obviously the construction and trades are taking quite a hit in the slow economy, but we're very grateful that Derek wasn't one of the lay off's. It really made us think, especially Derek, about what to do in his profession. He needs to do hands on work, I could never imagine Derek as someone stuck at a computer all day long. He really wants to continue and get his journeyman's license as an electrician, but now he is also considering going to college and persuing a degree there also. I'm so glad I have an ambitious husband, he got so excited last night as he was talking about continuing his education which I think is awesome, because trust me school does not excite me!!!! This probably seems so random, but I've just really been thinking about the positive things that have already benefited our little family from the struggling financial times. I'm a budgeter now!!!!! Me who used to bounce checks everyday my first year of college!! We have an emergency savings fund. I'm just glad that we are in a way being forced to really learn new skills that I never really paid attention to before. I feel that by the time school is over and we are both working in our choosen degrees we will know how to save and be so much more financially stable, than we would be if we never worked through the struggles. I don't know if all that makes sense, but I am learning each day that struggles truly do bring spouses closer together and families if the problem is approached together and dealt with together!!! It makes anything easier!!! Anyways I hope everyone is doing great and I hope Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday even though in some situations it may seem like we don't have much to be grateful for I hope we all can find the small things to be thankful for!!!! Give the credit to the one who blesses us!!!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I completely agree. It is a scary time for everyone and there are never any guarantees. The only guarantee that we have is that Heavenly Father will never leave us along... even in our darkest hour. I love your guts! How is baby treating you? Is she kicking the crap out of you? I hope so :)
I am really glad that you are on my side now and not laughing at me when I try to make dinner for 6 of us under $5 :) I am glad that you are receiving such great blessing you deserve them!! Tell Derek congrats for passing the test that is great! Love ya tonz!!
Post a Comment