Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life is sweet!!!

Our St. Patrick's Day dinner, we hate corned beef so we just had roast beef and cabbage :) Linnea liked her little shamrock!



Just our sweetie getting ready to go to church
Well I thought I would update the blog since it's been awhile. Our life has taken a turn for the better I feel like, not that it was bad before, but for a while there I felt sad. I felt extra guilty due to more hours at fieldwork, I felt Linnea was almost depressed and thought it was because of a new baby and I felt Derek was stressed with issues at work and with school. The last few weeks however I have come to appreciate our little family so much more. Linnea has been pretty sick and has an ear infection. Now that that is all under control she has been the sweetest little girl and I fall more in love with her each day! Anytime I stand up and grimace due to the wonderful comforts of being 9 months pregnant she runs over and says "you ok mama?" with the most genuine concern I think a person can have. She cuddles with me everyday when we get home and thankfully I feel that she is beginning to adjust to the thought of "her" baby. The last few days she actually pats my tummy and will say baby or just pat it. She told me that she is going to help me give the baby a bottle and binki. A few weeks ago all we got out of her was "no baby" or "no boy" I still feel that she will have an adjustment when he arrives, but I am very grateful for her tenderheart and know she will love her brother so much even if it takes a little time.

Derek had his 25th birthday on Saturday and I am so grateful for him. I don't know how I ever landed such an amazing person. He is so calm and patient and the extent of him being stressed is saying " I'm kinda stressed, and would like a hug" he is such a good daddy and so encouraging to me to meet my goals with the childbirth, and school and work someday. He wants more than anything to see me at home with our kids which I am so grateful for because I know when he gets the chance to go full time in school he will be so dedicated so he can get finished also.

Fieldwork is almost over, I have two more weeks to go and then I can say see ya school...I never want to go back :) I hope that our little man stays in, but at the same time I am not stressing about it anymore I can't help it when he comes and I know that I was prompted to go to school and also we knew it was the right time to have another baby so the Lord will give us a way to finish all of our goals. I am pretty sore most days because he is dropping so of course it puts more pressure on my back and lower body, but it's not too bad. I'm really excited for him to come and have a little newborn in our house again. They are so precious and I do miss the baby stage. Well life is wonderful and I am so grateful for all the blessings that have come into our lives over the past few months and even days. I've truly noticed the Lord's hand in helping us get through school, deal with finances, help Linnea through her difficult days and so much more.

3 comments:

Danelle said...

Yay for all the happy stuff!

big MAK said...

You are awesome! Thanks for your example of perseverance and positive thinking. I hope everything continues to go great for you guys! You deserve it!!

Kierstin said...

That's so sweet, Em. You are a great mommy and wife. It's funny that you said Derek just turned 25, that's the age Reed was when we got engaged! Man, that was almost 11 years ago!! I. Am. Old.