Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Update

Well I officially made it through this week of fieldwork YAY! That was our big goal since now if I went this weekend I would only have to make up 4 days after the baby was born, what a stress relief since I feel that is do-able, not fun, but do-able. Well I had some drama on Monday, well technically Tuesday morning and I got in trouble from the sister for not sharing, but basically put I thought my water broke since I woke up in a puddle at 2am. So I thought ok here we go, we made sure we had everything packed, we woke up my parents to let them know, we gathered our little sleeping princess into the car and headed to the hospital. Well they set me up to test to see if my water had broken ( I was waiting for the results before I called my friend who offered to take Linnea once we got to the hospital.) Well it sure was hard for a little two year old to sleep in a hospital room with her brother's heartbeat on the monitor, her mommy all strapped to machines and nurses doing weird things to me :) Ok so once again the tests came back NEGATIVE for amniotic fluid. I was so grateful when that happened at 28 weeks, but at 39 I kept thinking what the heck else am I supposed to think a big puddle of water is? So I have decided my little monkey inside of me likes to make me wet the bed :) I guess all the bacteria and other stuff that you have when your pregnant can mask the smell of pee so we had know way of knowing what all this stuff was. So we walk in the door at 5:15 am put Nea back to sleep and my alarm goes off at 5:20...time to wake up and go to fieldwork. Needless to say I was a zombie, but they were nice and let me go home at 12. Now that it is Friday I am grateful I was able to finish this week, but at the time I had mentally gotten to the point of preparing for labor and coming home with a baby I was not a happy camper when I left without a baby on the outside. Well I did have a doctor's appointment today and he is for sure on his way soon I am dialated to 3 cm 80% effaced and he is at -1 station, which was clarified by the doctor as halfway down the birth canal....so yay I haven't dialated for four weeks past a 2 and so now a little bit of progress is being made. Pretty exciting. I know he'll be here next friday since I'm getting induced so we'll just have to see if he waits another week!

3 comments:

Ultimate Weight Loss said...

I was ticked @ you- but I understand that feeling, of being disappointed! Just think ANY DAY he will be here! I am so excited to meet him.

Kara Welker said...

Ahhh!! He is coming soon! I am SO excited for you Em!

Danelle said...

Bed wetter.

(that's me trying on my bully voice, but in reality, I am so happy for you that you've been able to complete so much of your fieldwork/baby plan, successfully. That's awesome. I'm excited for Friday!)