Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Friday, April 8, 2011

"Exceptionally Low..."

Well I went to the doctor today for my check up so I thought I'd update. ( I didn't update last week because the doctor I saw was a putz and told me absolutely nothing) New doctor comes in all bright and cheerful and asks me with a lot of excitement, "since you're so close would you like me to strip your membranes?" I quickly said no way, and went on to explain that this little guy needs to stay in as long as possible due to school. So he said he could understand that and we proceeded with the check up. He told me I would have a lot of pressure as he checked for the baby's head since baby's heads are clear up there right.... about two seconds later his eyes get big and he says "Your baby's head is exceptionally low!" So of course that gets my attention and I ask what does he mean by that and I am told "you might not want to hold out for your due date, don't be surprised if it's earlier than that!" Ok Linnea came 5 days early so in my mind that is all I have to go on so it's not a huge surprise, but now our prayers have changed to please just let me get through this NEXT week of fieldwork because then at least I would only have to make up 4 days instead of two weeks! Anyways I am still at 2 cm, I forgot to ask how effaced I was and he forgot to tell me, but I guess we'll see what the next few days bring for our little guy and our family. I can't believe how fast it has gone I don't feel ready. I know I'm a second time mom, but I think with each new addition I'm going to feel a sense of being unprepared and nerves! I feel like there is still so much cleaning and organizing to get done before an infant that needs all my attention joins our family and here I can remember thinking "O it's still months away" well now it could be days to just two weeks!!!! Here we go!

1 comments:

big MAK said...

Good luck! Everything will be fine! I will be praying for you guys.