Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Introducing...



Andrew Derek Childs


Our little man has finally arrived!

Born April 17, 2011, 4:56 pm

7 lbs 14 oz.

19 inches long


We are so in love with our little man. I started having contractions on the morning of the 17th, around 3:15 am and they stayed 20 minutes apart for HOURS!!!! I sat around thinking this must not be real or I was disappointed because I thought we'd have a long labor like Linnea's was (I heard your second seems to go fast so I was hoping for that) Well eventually I started having contractions coming every 8 minutes and they were getting pretty strong. Then about 30 minutes later they were coming every 5-6 minutes so we called our neighbor to let her know we may be bringing Linnea over at some point in the day. I was nervous to head to the hospital since with Linnea and this little guy we had been sent home so I wanted to make sure when we went we stayed. About 10 min. after calling our neighbor I felt like we better go now. So we grabbed Linnea's bag and took her over when we got in the car my contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart already!!! So we got to the hospital a little before 3 pm, they checked me and said alright your at 6 cm! So we called my mom to tell her to get down to the hospital since we were progressing so quickly. My contractions ended up being right on top of each other so right after we got off the phone with grandma they said "o your at a seven!" Then 10 minutes later I went to 8 the quickly to a 9 then finally a 10. I went from a 6-10 in just a little over an hour thankfully! Unfortuantley grandma didn't make it he came so fast, but she arrived right when he was out. We had such an amazing nursing staff who really knew about natural birth and Derek was sooooo AMAZING I would not have been able to reach our goal of no medication without him, because trust me once I hit an 8 I was really wanting pain relief. I had a hard time controlling the urge to push I started having the urge at around an 8 so thankfully the doctor and nursing staff really helped me try to control that urge! Finally it was pushing time within 4 contractions we had our precious baby in our arms!!! He came out crying which was such a relief since Linnea was not breathing when she was born. He has copper hair and blonde eyebrows and eyelashes! He is perfect! We finally decided about an hour ago that his name is Andrew...completely different from what we had originally planned we were soooo set on Hayden and then he came out and it did not seem like Hayden was his name. So now we have baby Drew! He is a little slow at eating, he doesn't show much interest in it and doesn't root very often, but we're working on it! Linnea didn't seem too interested, but she did pat him on the head when they met and she is having a blast with Nana and Pupa!!!!! I am so in love, I love how quickly such a little person can mean the world to you! Welcome to our family little Drew!

4 comments:

Kara Welker said...

YAY!!! I am SO happy for you guys! I can't wait to come and meet this little man! Congratulations you two!

Elisa said...

Congratulations Emily! That's an awesome birth story! I'm glad it all went well for you. He is so cute! We're so happy for you :)

Danelle said...

Fun. I am slightly jealous, but still so happy for you and your adorable family.

big MAK said...

Hurray! I can't believe he is already here! I am very excited for you all and can't wait to hear the details!!