Well the count down begins...I had my 36 week check up yesterday, I can't believe we have four more weeks and we'll have this little guy here it has gone soooooo fast, I still hope that I can finish with my fieldwork, but I feel like he might come a few days early, not a whole lot, but I am not sure if I'm going to make it to my due date, but we'll see. I'm scheduled to be induced on the 22nd, so he'll be here either before then or on the 22nd of April. So the check up went good they say he is measuring great size wise...the stats
dialated at 2cm
60% effaced
The baby is head down so he's in a great position. I feel better pain wise in that general area, I still have the discomfort, but it's bearable. Sleeping is a whole different story as most of you who have been pregnant know at this point if you don't have to wake up three + times to pee it's a good night. With both my pregnancies I have gotten restless legs really bad and this little guy has caused not only my legs to cramp, but also my toes and hands! The doctor told me yesterday that the hand cramps are cause of carpal tunnel since I'm swelling, but it should go away after he's born, so last night I was up for 45 minutes walking off a foot cramp :) it is all so worth it though, I can't wait to hold our little man and kiss his adorable little face! I have a feeling Nea is going to have a difficult adjustment. I feel that she may sense something is going to change, she has been quite clingy to us and a little bit more emotional, but I'm sure some of that is just the age she is! I'm so gratefull that I get to be home to help her adjust and that is the main reason I am hoping I can finish my fieldwork so I can be home and not have to keep dropping Linnea off somewhere else, luckily though if I come just a few days early Derek said he will take the week off and stay with the kids while I finish so at least they'll be with one of their parents! We are about 99.9% sure his name will be Hayden, we can't decide if the middle name should be Derek or maybe Swen after my great-grandpa!!! Well I'll keep updating over the next four weeks and let everyone know when this guy may be coming!!!
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Count Down
Posted by Emily at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
HOw exciting! I love the name Hayden.
A COTA named Cristy worked at my facility the other day and she said she worked with you a bit in the Jordan school district. She's a very pretty, stylish lady and fun, too! I hope your new fw experience is going well.
Good luck with these last 4 weeks...hold him in there! :)
Hurray!! You are SO close! Wish I could be there to see you and the little guy. Can't wait to see you in August! Good luck with everything! Keep me up to date.
Post a Comment