So a friend of mine in our ward had a friend from Idaho lose her little 19 month old girl the other day. My friend was trying to gather donations while the family was at Primary Children's and she had their blog link so I was able to follow their blog for about 5 days until the little girl finally passed on Friday. This family really affected me in so many ways. I wish I could show you all how these parents were, they are about Derek and my age and this was their only child, but they showed such a strong faith during such a difficult time. The day she passed the mom made a post before and after it happened. Before she told how the spirit was so strong while her little girl was going back and forth between worlds, and after she said how her testimony had been strengthened from the small miracles that had occured because of this experience. Her daughter's story touched many, she had close to 300 comments on her blog, most from complete strangers. The mom explained how someone's marriage had been saved, and how someone was brought to the gospel due to the faith of them and their family. I got really emotional during this even though I have never met them in my life. Their daughter was born three days after Linnea so I could picture what their daughter may have been like, and it broke my heart to think of ever parting from such an innocent person. However, it also caused me to really think about myself and how I should treat my family. Have you ever noticed how we treat our family members different than we treat others? I'm trying to take the time to breathe before I get upset at Linnea throwing everything everwhere or not wanting to go to bed, or throwing a fit. I know there are parents out there who would kill to have the time out moments, the tempertantrums, and all the precious moments with their little ones again if they could on this earth. I realized I need to strengthen my testimony on eternal families and the sealing power, hearing this story in general truly makes me want to cherish family moments since this life is such a short time in the grand scheme of things, I would hate to have someone I cherish (friend or family) go without knowing that I loved them or I would hate to be left behind with regrets! I know it may be strange that a baby girl I never met could have such an impact, but she did. And hopefully I can keep this new motivation and enjoy every moment we have as a family on this earth so that we will have one heck of an eternity!!!!!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is really awesome Em. It's so true too. At the hospital I see TERRIBLE things eveeryday, and I see people die A LOT. It makes me super paranoid about anything anyone I love does. I also like to think that it makes me cherish life more, but I still get upset with Jake and get mad. I really need to be better. Thanks for the inspiration!
Don't we all though, a few days ago I swear I got mad at Derek just to get mad, but I wouldn't think of doing that to anyone not in my family. It's sad that sad experiences are what it takes to get us to treat people better :)
What an awesome post Em! Thanks for sharing!!!Love ya hope all is well!
Amen. My mom's friend's little baby girl, Gracie, died from a heart defect at 11 months old... just one month older than Mia at the time. It had such a profound affect on me as a mother and wife. Each day I would check their blog, and sob, sob, sob with their family as they watched their baby girl fight for her life, and finally as they had to say goodbye. Tragedies in other people's lives are there to teach all of us how to be better, not just to mourn with them... but hopefully to be lifted up and be more appreciative of what we are so blessed to have.
The family's blog is: thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com
Their story is amazingly tragic and touching.
I know my mom sent me their blog about 2 weeks before Gracie died they were also such a strong family, I just don't know how people can handle such hard things...amazing amazing
Post a Comment