Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Opinions...

So Derek and I have flooring issues. Our carpet isn't cute, it's actually really spotty and gross and we've had it prof. cleaned twice in the last year we've lived here. So we have been deciding between maybe getting some laminate floors in our front room and hallway and then re-carpet the bedrooms before we move. I just talked with a carpet cleaning company for a long time and they told us that the life of our particular carpet is set to last about 4-5 years...10 years later it is the same original carpet that has survived tons of traffic and pets and you can tell it is dying. So they said they could come clean it, but it'll probably come back in a few months so no permanent spot removal...hmmm. I would love some opinions on whether you would like laminate floors, you know we're thinking of re-sale, or if you would prefer the whole house carpet? I love carpet, but it's out of the price range at the moment so we'd have to endure until we were moving, but I also love the look of wood (even if it's fake)...so opinions opinions please!!!

4 comments:

big MAK said...

I think the fake wood floors can look really nice. I would suggest that!

Kimi said...

One of Matt's friends is in real estate, and he told us that wood floors increase the value of your home drastically. So, I'm sure laminate flooring would be about the same with the wood look. Good luck!

Kierstin said...

I'd say no to the laminate, just because it doesn't look or feel very cozy or inviting. When people are looking to buy a home, they want to be able to envision themselves in your home, so just look at it from their side. Good luck!

Kierstin said...

I'd say no to the laminate, just because it doesn't look or feel very cozy or inviting. When people are looking to buy a home, they want to be able to envision themselves in your home, so just look at it from their side. Good luck!