Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life update


Well not a whole lot has changed for us these first few weeks of the new year. I am almost done with my first rotation of 8 week fieldwork, and just worked out the details of my second placement today. I am working at Jordan School District right now and it has been fun. I don't think I would particularly like to work at a school, maybe, but it is doing a lot of things like handwriting and helping kids with buttons and things like that, definetley the academic side of Occupational Therapy, I think I enjoy more of the medical side. I was able to go to a school in the district today that is for very severe kids with a variety of disabilities. I really enjoyed this school because it was more medical. Not one kid that I saw today could verbally communicate, they used a lot of signs or grunts. It was sad, but at the same time I'm glad that there are schools like that in some school districts so kids with more severe needs can get the professional attention they need every day from therapists, specialized teachers etc. My next fieldwork is working with the elderly and the last day of that fieldwork is actually on my due date so pray that this little man comes a little bit late! I really miss Linnea, this semester has been pretty hard for me since it is a full time job basically and sometimes with school I would be done within an hour or something like that, but I keep telling myself that it's only twelve more weeks and then I am done with school and hopefully will be able to take quite a break and be with my two kiddos at home which I honestly CANNOT wait to do. I had a day off last Friday and I don't feel any happier than when I can get my house looking how I want it and play dress up with Linnea or read books together and color pictures...it is wonderful!!

My pregnancy is going pretty good, I have ALOT more discomfort with this little guy with pressure and things like that, but the doctors basically told me it's going to get more and more uncomfortable with each kid that I have so super. We had a scare with him awhile ago, we thought I might be leaking amniotic fluid, but after some tests it all came back negative so things are good. We almost have the room finished for both of the kids. It is a monkey/jungle theme and we just need one more leaf canopy and the valance hung above the window and it is done...pictures to come!

Derek is still working about 50 hours a week and going to school busy busy guy, he may be looking at going to Weber State now instead of Utah State to pursue the Mechanical Engineering Technology degree, it is a lot like the regular engineering degree, but he would be able to do a little bit more hands on work with products instead of working on the computer so much so he's been doing some research and thinks that might be a better fit for him. I guess only time will tell!

We have been so blessed the last few months, we're busy and miss eachother, but we truly count our blessings that we have been able to attend school, that Linnea does so well playing with other kids and that she is watched by family, we are so grateful that Derek has such a good job that helps us have a savings and just what we need. I am excited to have school done and over with, but I am grateful I was able to finish even with being a mommy and everything!!!

3 comments:

Danelle said...

Good news all around. Yay! I am glad your fieldwork stuff is working out, I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you, in hopes that you're able to finish up your second rotation with no difficulties. :)

Kara Welker said...

Oh I'm glad you're second rotation is working out! You'll have to tell me what they ended up doing. That is so frustrating! Yay for being done with school soon, I am so excited for you!

Kierstin said...

Yay Em!!! Keep going girl, u are doing SUCH a great job. I'm proud of u! Love u xo