Well I had to post little Linnea's first experienc with a bully....and my first real urge to physically slap a child :) So I got off my fieldwork super early so I decided to take Linnea on a date for lunch so we went to good old Chic Fila however you spell it. Things were super fun they gave her two ballons she got fresh squeezed lemonade the sugary works for a kid! Then she wanted to go to the playset since it had a floating car that she wanted to play in so we went in for a little while to go play. Things were fine and then I noticed this little boy, probably about 6 took her book from her that she got in her kid's meal and he ran away. Of course Linnea looked at me and kinda got upset so I walked back over to her and the kid came back, I said to him "will you please give her back her book" his snoty reply was "NO!" and he ran away again. This upset Linnea even more so we walked away and I told her sometimes kids aren't very nice. He eventually came around us again and Linnea reached for her book which he didn't give to her and I said out loud "Don't worry Nea, he's just not being nice so we don't need to play with him." When he heard me say that he held her book out for her to take so I smiled and said "Thank you" and then the little brat snatched it back and laughed...luckily his mom saw this and made him give it back...phew. So Linnea went back to playing and about 5 minutes later this kid was back in the play area. It was like he instantly singled my little tenderheart out. she was trying to climb up the steps to get to the top of the playset and he pulled her legs down so she was on the ground and then Karate chopped her neck on BOTH SIDES!!! What the heck he didn't just hit or push her what kind of kid Karate jobs another kid in the neck!!!!! I was up there so fast since Linnea was of course balling and confused, luckily for that little stinker his mom had once again seen the whole thing and angrily said she was so sorry and pulled him out of the play area!!!!! I wonder though if there might be some issues with the kid since as soon as Linnea started screaming he covered his ears and started rocking...so either he knew he was in deep trouble or hmmm maybe some spectrum issues. I was so mad! I've never watched Linnea be singled out by a kid like that, I've watched her push, hit and be pushed and hit, but man when your kid is just minding their own business and they get picked on it sure ruffles me and breaks my heart at the same time! All I knew to say to Linnea was that we don't hit people and that boy was not being very nice. It was sad every time she looked at her little kid's meal book on the ride home she would say "he hit?" kinda like a question so I would repeat that yes he hit her and it wasn't nice....grrrr life experiences!!
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so sad! Seeing kids be bullied breaks my heart more than anything! I hope that that mom actually punished him and didn't just say that in front of you. That is so sad :( Poor Nea!
yikes! I just pushed my date to have kids back to 2090! haha
I would have a hard time not spanking the kid or something :) Craziness...
Post a Comment