Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Savings Update....

Ok so remember how I said I was going to work hard on cutting down our grocery bill...well I feel like today was a great example, Derek and I are very proud. So Smith's is having a deal on their kellogs/keebler products, if you buy four mix and match products you would get 2 gallons of milk for free. So I looked on pinching your pennies and it said if you buy select kellogs cereals it would print out a coupon for money that you could use towards your next purchase. Ok so here is what we got with all of this (some of this is from WIC too, but still)-

(7) boxes of Kellogs Cereals
(2) boxes of nutri-grain bars
(3) gallons of milk
(1) bunch of bananas
(1) carton of strawberries
(1) bag of wheat tortillas
(1) jar of peanut butter
(1) sweet onion

The grand total: $18.00!!!! I did this in a few transactions. I used a two dollar coupon on Kellogs cereal that I had combined with the $4.00 catalina coupon that printed out after I bought 5 boxes of select cereals. It was a very fun shopping trip needless to say. Also, I have been doing the bountiful baskets co-op...if you guys don't know about this I highly recommend it, it was a little tough this morning because I had to be there for pick up at 7:00 am, but it was worth it. I did the organic baskets this time (you get two baskets by the way) and for $25, I got:
(1) carton of strawberries
(8) avacodos
(10) kiwi
(1) bag of apples
(1) bunch of romaine lettuce
(2) bags of celery
(8) anjou pears
(1) bunch of leeks
(3) beets
(1) head of cauliflower
(1) bunch of broccoli
(1) carton of blueberries
Amazing...it really was worth it I feel like. You can purchase as many baskets as you'd like if your family is bigger, they also have extra things you can purchase, like seasonings, bread, extra produce, cookies etc. It's all over Utah, Washington, Arizona, and Idaho. Go to bountifulbaskets.org. Anyways I had to share, that slowly but surely we are truly saving and building our food storage. Our pantry is getting full and so is our freezer it is such a good feeling. I am so grateful we still have found ways to keep good food, like produce and grains. I always figured couponing meant buying boxed, processed food, but my goodness find some experts to show you how it's done and you can get great food. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!

1 comments:

Kierstin said...

That's fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up on the produce thing... I've heard of it but had no idea where to go. Sweet!