Ok...so I know everyone is in a similar boat as Derek and I in this economy, as students, young families...etc. So I finally have decided to get off my bum and help out our financial situation instead of just complain about it! We both have listened to Dave Ramsey...he is a guru on getting out of debt....sometimes it seems unreachable on our income, so I have decided to start small. My sister-in-law is a professional coupon, bargain shopper. One month she bought groceries for her family of 5 for $58.00!!! Amazing...I spent nearly $300.00 last month on our family of three, well 2 1/2 since Linnea eats like a bird. hmmmm there's something wrong with that. So she's begining to help me with her techniques. There are so many great coupon sites out there from other people who are masters at saving. Some are pinchingyourpennies.com, coupns.com, moneysavingmom.com and others. Pinching your pennies tracks deals for you at different stores and teaches you how to use your coupons and buy great food for nothing basically. Now I love my produce and as everyone knows there isn't that many coupons on produce, well I found this program that began in Arizona but has now moved to UT, ID, and Washington State (sorry katie it's not back east yet). It's called Bountiful Baskets. They are a non-profit organization that compiles about $50 worth of fresh produce in a basket for you for about $15 every other saturday! Amazing, I've heard some great reviews on this program, the only problem is you have to purchase your basket the tuesday or wednesday before pick-up and you have to go to the pick-up site pretty early on a saturday to collect your basket, but it's only every other saturday and its produce for a great price. The website for them is bountifulbaskets.org!!!! Anyways I know it'll take a few weeks or months to develop habits, but I really am motivated to get going. Any other money saving ideas anyone has please let me know!!!!!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment