Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2 Years!!!!

I love you!!!!



First Anniversary

New lovers





Honeymoon






Derek and I have been blissfully married now for two years...man it goes fast...throw a baby in the mix and it goes even faster. We had a strange anniversary, we went on our date the saturday before, and then on the actually 8th we were just going to make dinner and have a nice evening at home since we both had school...well of course Linnea decided to change our plans. When I got home from school I got out of the car to go and get our mail and when I came back to get Linnea out I noticed she had a very blue mouth...hmmm what was she eating. Then I saw the bottle of my Tylenol PM in her hand!!! I pulled out four pills and rushed in the house and called poison control....counting the four pills I pulled out of her mouth there were 8 pills unaccounted for. I couldn't give an exact number as to how many I had actually taken in the past so sine htat was such a toxic level I rushed her down to the ER. Ok so maybe rushed is not the right word. Our hospital is in American Fork right...I don't know the area that great. I called the hospital to get directions...they gave me the wrong directions twice!!!! So you can imagine how sick I am feeling at this point now that is has been about 30 minutes since I found the pills. So finally after going up and down the same street and balling my eyes out I called 911 to get help. They had the hardest time finding out where I was. Come to find out the lady at the hospital kept telling me I was in American Fork when really I was in Lehi the whole time. Well I found it finally got her in and they tell me to have a seat. Forget it I go to the nurse and tell her whats happened and she tells me to fill out an information sheet and she'll be with me in just a minute...I break down...I am in an ER right. Well this nice lady helps me and takes Linnea so I can fill out the sheet. Then they take her back to get her Temp. then tell me I need to wait four hours to get her blood drawn, but if she acts weird let them know...ok. Well my mom showed up, and Derek showed up. I felt like she would be fine because it was so fast I didn't think she had time to swallow anything so I told Derek to go to class and my mom and I sat for hours trying to entertain Linnea. Well long story short...they drew her blood and nothing was in it so we got to go home. I felt enormously grateful but guilty that I could be foolish enough to leave pills around my new curious toddler!!! Lesson deeply learned. Anyways that was our anniversary, I love you Derek and am so grateful for the blessing you are in my life and for how hard you work for our family!!! You are my best friend and I am glad that you are my forever!!!!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

That is so scary !! Landon did the same thing when he was her age.......same results, and then a few hours later, he cut his hand on a knife and I had to take him BACK for stitches...I can laugh about it now :) Glad it all turned out okay.

big MAK said...

WOW, how scary! I don't even know what to write. I am so glad that everything turned out all right! Happy Anniversary- what an adventure huh?

Kierstin said...

Happy 2 years! I hope it was a great day. love you. xo

Spjut Family said...

does seem like yesterday we were at your wedding. Oh, you two really have been great, and more great to come. Love the bath pictures too. Wish I could have seen her at Katies shower, but next time I guess.