Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Sleeping Update...

Well on a previous post I said that Linnea hasn't been sleeping that great, well it's still basically the same, but I finally stepped up and decided she needs her sleep, I need my sleep, both day and night so I realized when she does cry in her crib it is not hurt, scared or a hungry cry, it is a temper-tantrum. It is amazing if you really listen, babies have a different cry for everything they need, so anyways I realized I need to teach Linnea now that she can't get my attention through temper-tantrums that way and she needs her sleep so last night and this afternoon were my first attempts at the "cry it out" soooooo hard, but I stuck with it. She woke up last night around 2:30 just wanting to be rocked or held...it would've taken about 10 minutes if I chose to do that to get her back to sleep, but I thought if I keep this up I'm going to be having an 18 month old someday not sleeping through the night or who knows. So I turned on her mobile and rubbed her tummy told her to sleep and I loved her and walked out. She hated that with a passion!!!!! She screamed and yelled for over an hour. I would periodically walk in and out to make sure she was safe and guess what eventually she went back to sleep AMAZING!!!! and she slept until like 8:15 this morning!!! It was a rough time waiting for that to happen I didn't even attempt to go to my bed I just sat on our couch and waited! Derek came and checked on her one time because when I would walk in she freaked out 10 times more (she knows mom is the milk machine). Then with nap time today we went through the same issue, I closed her door and tried to do some of my calls, got in the shower so I couldn't hear her. Once again she did fall asleep. Not very long, but long enough to get some jobs done and about 2 or 3 calls!!! So I think we are on our way...She wakes up everytime still in love with me, she smiles and doesn't hate me for making her cry so hopefully sleep will come easier for her tonight, thanks for the tips Andrea and Katie...they are helping alot!!! We'll see how the next few nights go!!!

2 comments:

big MAK said...

Hurray for you! Hope she gets sleeping better. I told Morgan about this and he was all "great..." it was funny. I am excited though to see how he handles being a dad when the time comes! When do you hear if you have been accepted into the program?

Spjut Family said...

Good luck!!!