Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Joseph Smith Picture...

Ok I got this email from my mom yesterday and it said that the RLDS church found this picture in their files I guess a few years ago and they believed it to be the ONLY photo of the prophet Joseph Smith, they asked the church to help authenticate it and since then they have stated that it is "almost certainly authentic" so it's not 100% sure if it's him, but they are pretty sure.
They said most of the paintings and portraits of him were done after he was killed and most were just an artist's depiction based on his death mask. So I thought this was kind of cool, it kind of wigs me out for some reason, but it is pretty neat. The church said this was probably taken during his stay at Liberty Jail, he looks soooo young. It made me appreciate more of what he did for this gospel and how young he really was to endure sooo much persecution.

I think he has the nose and light eyes...so kind of cool

1 comments:

Kara Welker said...

I got this in an e-mail a few days ago too! really cool!