Well it's been a week into our little faith adventure and I've learned a few things this far into it. I've learned that there are bullet points of faith. What I mean is like here is FAITH but underneath faith is other items you need to have that give you true faith like this
- patience
- hope
-trust
- and enduring well
I am truly trying to have patience, and I think I am. Both my kids just got ear infections, high fevers, congestion and Drew just got put on a steroid to keep it from turning into RSV. Anyway this is just another thing that has happened to help me learn patience, I feel pretty stretched thin since the long nights between both kids I've done alone. I've prayed for strength and each morning I wake up and am able to function and not yell and still handle the day with happiness, so this has been a testimony builder for me in patience and enduring as well as showing us what we can handle even when we feel we're at our limit.
I also have learned that Heavenly Father helps us in His own way and a way that works for the individual person, Derek is still out there each day all day and hasn't made a sale, however he has improved. He's learning the skills he needs to be great at sales. This has been a hard lesson for me to get since I want financial success out there, but I've come to learn even if Derek doesn't make one sale and he comes home early I feel he has learned skills and he can keep trying in a different field of sales since he told me this is a talent he wants to learn. Derek has felt Heavenly Father teaching him and helping him, so it has shown me that He is aware and answers our prayers in ways we may not want, but in ways that will help us for the better.
The other hard lesson I've learned so far is not to allow myself to get envious of others. There have been several other guys out there that have been quite successful and at first I was really happy for them, but as the days progressed I noticed myself thinking "why can't that be us?" So last night I said my prayers and asked for things not to get to me and just be grateful that Derek is improving and learning so much, and it has gotten a lot better today. I'm so grateful for this time in our lives. This is such special opportunity for us to learn life skills in such a spiritual way. I've felt alone at times like Heavenly Father isn't listening, but then I exercise the lessons he's been teaching me and I truly feel like it opens my eyes to see from a different perspective His hand in our lives. Don't get me wrong I'm not perfect at this it's a work in progress and I'm still hoping for success out there, but we'll be taken care of either way.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
What we've learned this far
Posted by Emily at 3:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment