Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Faith Stories...

So I'm needing a little boost... As a lot of you know Derek and I are trying to make some money to help get Derek through school by doing summer sales. Everything has attempted to get us to not go. I'm happy to report that today we were told that a family will be signing a lease agreement on our condo next Friday...amazing news. That was a huge stress on me, but through patience and tons of prayer and fasting it finally happened thankfully!!! We went forward without having our condo rented because both Derek and I truly felt that going to Kansas and heading to Utah State was for sure the right thing to do. Well I'm continuing to try and be patient while Derek is out there, but so far he hasn't had success. I know it's only been a few days and I continue to be positive and encouraging to Derek (obviously he doesn't need me to stress him out more) but anyways I can't help but wonder why did we feel so good about this sales opportunity in kansas if we don't make anything? A lot of people keep saying well maybe you need to just learn something which I get, and that is very possible. I just can't see what He has planned for us, does that make sense? So I kind of wanted a boost. Has anyone had any experiences where you were directed one way, but it didn't turn out how you thought? Did it help you reach your goal even though it happened another way? Don't get me wrong we've had plenty of life changes in our lives where things just work out and it works out better than we could ever have planned. This one though I am finding some confusion...I guess I'm just hoping to understand why we were directed in this direction...So if you want I'd love to hear some stories!!!

2 comments:

Natalie DeVore said...

I can definitely understand, we've made quite a few decisions that we still haven't understood why it ended up working out badly. I think sometimes the right decision is to struggle through something. We've had jobs and opportunities Trent has taken because we felt it was right deicision only to have him be let go a few months later or have something else happen where he loses it. It's hard to get through those times but I believe god sometimes just wants us to go forward with faith, regardless of the outcome being good or bad. He wants to know we will trust in him despite not getting what we want or having it work out. Each time we have had strong feelings to get pregnant and then do, Trent has lost a job and therefore our insurance. But through those times I've learned that what's more important is keeping faith, even when it seems nothing is going right, and know that sometimes life is a struggle even for great people. I feel so much closer to Trent, my children, and my savior because of the struggles and sheer faith we've had to have when there was nothing else. You are amazing Emily. Keep following the promptings, even when you feel you don't see the blessings. He knows you and sees what you are going through and it has some purpose that we may never know until we meet him again. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

big MAK said...

Hang in there friend! All will be well. Love ya tons!