Well life has been a roller coaster the last few months. Derek and I are making some HUGE changes in our lives and for our family. In about two weeks we are moving....Derek will be heading to Kansas City to do summer sales, I'm going to go stay with my parents for a few weeks to see how he does and then the kids and I will head out...I can't wait. We feel like this is something we need to do for Derek's confidence and also to help me cut back on working outside the home, we've been really excited to see what this summer brings, then when we get home its off to Logan. Derek was accepted into the Engineering program and is ready to finally be in the place where he'll graduate!!!
All these decisions have been made with sure answers that we're doing the right thing...however ever since we have made these decisions we have been hit with trial after trial that tries to get us to change our minds and play it safe and comfortable. We have had financial stresses, struggles with our condo, with selling in the summer, car problems and two days ago a big blow, and honestly a betrayal of trust from a family member placed us in the stickiest situation I feel we've ever been in in our marriage in my opinion. Everything possible seems to keep us from progressing.
These last few months however have brought us closer and closer to the Lord. We have really devoted ourselves to our answers and have finally turned to the power of the atonement and said please take these burdens from us. I have never had such a testimony builder of faith, and we haven't even moved yet. I had a thought the other night. I feel that the adversary has really placed these trials in our way to get us to change our minds and play it safe, but the thought that came to me was "your pretty dumb down there, the more and more you push the more I'm turning to the Lord, and the more I'm showing Him that I'll do whatever he asks." Some family knows what happened a few days ago and it sucks, I have already told Heavenly Father I'm not in the mood to forgive right now, I'm really mad, but I'm still going to have faith in the answers we've been given and not let this deter us from our plans. I just wanted to share that even though trials come our way, and everyone is given different trials...some people go through things I can't even imagine...the point is we have a choice. We can fall....we can blame the Lord...or we can get on our knees and feel His understanding. He KNOWS exactly what we are feeling. He may not show you the way out of your suffering at the time, but I know he will lift it from you if you take advantage of the atonement. Anyways...here's to going forward to faith! We're all here for each other...so I really appreciate everyone who has been there for us...we love you!!!

2 comments:
you are so amazing Emily! I am so sorry to hear about the trials and betrayal from your family. I hope whatever happens that you and your family can be happy :-) I know how difficult it is to forgive family when they've done something beyond imaginable. I am going to miss you in the ward! I'll love reading all your updates from Kansas City though so put up lots of pictures :-)
Emily, our friend, Kendra, just posted this quote on Pinterest...I think it applies to you at this time, "An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So, when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great."
Post a Comment