Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have a second...

Well I thought I'd quickly update on our life lately! Drew is now over a month old already it is just flying...it's weird to imagine how it was without him...I thought I was busy with Linnea and could never get anything done...wow now I know what squeezing time for myself is :) The kids are starting to get on a nap schedule that is actually at the same time so thankfully that has freed up some time for me to get things down or just sit down and be alone for a sec! Linnea has been so sweet with Drew the last few weeks, she has her moments, but for the most part I think her biggest challenge is she gets bored since I have to feed Drew so often she just gets hyper or starts to cause trouble, but I'm working on games we can play together while Drew is eating so hopefully that helps. She is going to be going to a dance workshop in July to see if she enjoys dance and if she does we will officially be signing her up for dance classes I'm so excited I think she'll really have a lot of fun.
Drew is such a sweetie, we've been having a pretty difficult time with feeding though. He has some reflux issues and he has the worst gas I have ever seen in a newborn. I had to take him to the doctor today because we have to hold him upright for over an hour before we can lay him back down or else he gets so uncomfortable and he just acts like he is in so much pain. The doctor said his tummy is just full of air and he told me it could be several things, it could just be him gulping air, it could be that his tummy gets too gassy while he is digesting, or he can't handle lactose. He suggested we try to put him on special formula and I would just pump for awhile while we see if that worked...well the poor guy HATES formula...he is so different from Linnea who would eat just about anything. So that means I get to go on a strict diet and cut out foods that can really upset newborns tummys...so no Dairy, corn, or soy....those are the big ones the doc told me to avoid. I had already been trying to avoid dairy...I haven't had regular milk for quite awhile just coconut milk, but I need to be more strict with cheese I love cottage cheese so I guess my little snack is out. I hope this works or else we're going to have to I guess force feed him the formula and that will be a chore! Other than that he is just wonderful and the stinking cutest little guy ever. We're getting pictures taken tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some super cute pictures to post soon.
I am still waiting on approval for my certification exam so I can take that stinking test and get school completely behind me. I have a job that is waiting for me to be certified. I'll just be hired on as on call for a few months, which is perfect since they pay more that way and I can tell them yes or no if I want to work so it'll work with the kiddos schedule and hopefully Derek can do most of the watching instead of having babysitters. Life is great right now, super busy, but we're doing our best and it has been a wonderful month with Drew in our family.

0 comments: