Dear College...
We have been through so much together over the years. Our story first began down south at "party school" Dixie state...so much happened at this fantastic school...not much studying, more playing and discovering life away from mom and dad. I spent my days sleeping through classes, changing my looks deciding every new guy I went out with could be the next Mr. Emily Carter, and then turning around and chaning my mind. What a life! making life long friends and bouncing checks, going from being a teacher, social worker, occupational therapist, english major then back to occupational therapy. It wasn't until you introduced me to a shy, sexy guy that I decided hmmm...maybe there is more to college than playing around....
...you introduced me tothe love of my life and what a change that was! He was different than the other guys, he was GOOD! He knew what he wanted out of life he was kind to others...he loved me for me no matter what our differences were...and most importantly he made me want to be better each day! How can I thank you enough dear Dixie State College for introducing me to Derek. You watched us date and have fun and fall in love, then one day it happened...
...you watched us begin to plan a wedding...you watched us return to school newly married and SURPRISE... a few months later you saw me waddle around your campus fat and pregnant with our new adventure waiting to come out. You could've been nicer during this time...your buildings could have been closer and your weather could have been cooler, but whats done is done.

...I came back to you college after our sweet girl was born because you and I had unfinished business to attend to. Thank goodness this sweet blessing came when she did. I finally decided what I needed to do to end our relationship college...I decided on a degree!!! So we packed our bags and moved from my first college to finish what I had started.
...here at SLCC I began a program and once again made lifelong friends that will never be forgotten, you gave me that college. I found a degree that was perfect for my family, for being a young mom, and for giving me the opportunity to have a job someday that could really help my family especially in uncertain times. You saw me grow and do better than I had ever done in school in this program! You saw us go up and down with struggles, lay offs, and other frustrations.
And finally as I now say good-bye to you college you have once again watched as we have begun another new adventure, by welcoming in this sweet new life! I finally close the door on you college and welcome my new life as mommy with open arms. I have discovered in these five years since we've been together college, that although you were necessary and a very important part of my life...now I get to do what is most important!!! Thank you college for the lessons you've taught me, who knows maybe we'll meet again in the very very distant future, but for now you are just a long, long memory of good times and bad times!!!!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Dear College
I did it!!!!!!
Posted by Emily at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yay! Congrats! I'm really excited for you! Life without school is awesome. Can't wait to see you guys tonight!
Wow, Emily! That is a fantastic post! I might steal your idea and make one of my own...of course, my college story is actually a genuine NOVEL in length.
I'm proud to be featured on your blog. :) My hair was so short! We missed you at graduation tonight! Love you!
You made the right choices, Em!
Congratulations!! YOU MADE IT! Doesn't it feel incredible! What a great accomplishment amidst being a mom and juggling everything else. So excited for you! Make sure to celebrate!!
Congrats Emily! That is such a cute post!
Post a Comment