I'm on Spring break and I am so glad...time to be home with my baby...we'll play together everyone will be so happy, we'll go on walks, I'll organize, exercise, get ahead on homework....hmmm lets see how the first three days have gone...
Monday- I did go for a long walk with Linnea, check, went to the playground- play time check....but Linnea almost ran into the street got pushed by an older kid....ok it was a nice try. time for Linnea's 15 month check up- so off to the doc. Shot time awful...it was the MMR...ouch, then we discover this rash that Linnea has had for about 2 weeks is some super rare rash and she gets passed around the doctors' office so all the other Dr.'s and PA's can see her rash since they only get to see it every few years...the good news it's harmless it doesn't even bother her...apparently it disappears after a few months. Ok onto home with an unhappy girl. We head to the library to get some books and movies, she runs to the play area to make some new friends and some six year-old boy monopolizes the bear she's playing with and pushes her down into a hole in the mats. Ok time to go home and eat dinner. Finally the night is over and my picked on little girl gets to go to bed. 10 pm...Derek makes a run to the store to get some motrin since Linnea is cutting some molars, her legs hurt, and she just had a rough day and won't sleep....
Tuesday- Another good start...went for a great walk up a pretty steep hill came back feeling pretty good. Well we decide to head to the playground again, things are actually really fun, Linnea was socializing having fun, she even figured out to climb up the stairs...uh oh... I tried to get to her in time, but she fell off the play set into the "soft" wood chips right on her face! Poor little girl we decide play set time is up and head back in. I put her down for a nap and she sleeps for about 30 minutes. Linnea wakes up happy so we decide to head to Ross to make a return. Well she gets her hand pinched in the car seat so it's tears all the way to the store, then she realizes that I only brought her water not her milk, so it's tears all the way home. Finally at bed time I put her down at her usual 7:15, but it's daylight outside so she feels she needs to stay awake even though she is constantly rubbing her eyes, so I let her cry for awhile. Finally she just wants a hug and a cuddle good-night and she goes to sleep. I get the chance to catch up on some homework while I wait for Derek to come home from his out of town job...he gets home at 10 and I go to bed....
Wednesday- ok so it's 10:00 am right now, I haven't had the chance to go for a walk yet, but we'll get there. Linnea woke up at 6:00 and has been fussing for most of the morning because she's still tired. We need to get milk because we're out so she's still mad at me for just giving her water. Well I had decided it was walk time so Linnea was playing on my bed and I ran to the laundry room to get my exercise pants out of the dryer...hmmm I get back to my room right as I see her plop down and bounce/flip right off my bed onto her tummy....more screams and tears. Well I've got her asleep right now, and all I can say is wow...I thought that she was supposed to be safesest with me, but she's had more falls, tears, pushes, and sores than I think she has had in her whole life!!!! But even though we've had some bumps the first three days I am so glad I'm home because I know this is where I should be. I can't wait until the day when I can be home all the time, I feel so much less stress believe it or not because I feel like the things that matter most to me, like spending time with Nea, or making sure my house is clean actually get accomplished. I can't wait until summer vacation, and better yet...graduation!!!!!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Spring break so far....
Posted by Emily at 8:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Don't you love the hardest job ever... motherhood. It's emotional straining, physically draining but oh so worth it. I'm glad you don't have too much school left. :) Graduation will be here in no time at all.
Post a Comment