Followers

Love Birds

Love Birds

Linnea

Linnea

Andrew

Andrew

Our Family!

Our Family!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Derek/ News on my mom






I know my sign is awesomeWell it was Derek's 23rd birthday last Thursday....it was fun, I got him a DQ Ice cream cake on his request it was sooo yummy, then his parents took us out to dinner at a Chinese place on bluff street it was pretty good, Derek really liked it so that is what is important. For his birthday I bought him a luv sac a few weeks ago, we don't have it down here my parents are holding it for us until we move. It was alot of fun to celebrate his birthday...I love him so so so much he is such an awesome hubby and great daddy!!!!

After dinner I was having some major allergy problems so we ran to target to get me some meds...we just kind of wandered around for awhile until of course my husband who will always be a kid at heart wound up in the toy aisle. He found this cookie monster toy that made noises when you shook it and it made Linnea just crack up...I think that was the highlight of his night...she for sure loves her daddy :)


Ok So also I just wanted to update friends and family about my poor mommy!!! She just got diagnosed with Celiacs Disease. So her diet is changing drastically...it's pretty much my worst nightmare. She cannot eat anything with wheat gluten, barely gluten or rye gluten. It doesn't sound too bad until you start reading the backs of food and researching it. She has found out that there is gluten in lipstick!!!! She can't eat anything with gluten, not even a little or it ups her chances of cancer by 40-100%. It's been kind of rough for her, but I know she'll handle it with a great attitude, she always does. She is such a great lady and I love her soooo much!!!!

2 comments:

Kara Welker said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!! She is so amazing! I love her! She can do it though i'm sure, she's a strong woman! Linnea is getting so big, she is so cute! I'm SO excited for you guys to move up here Em I cannot even tell you! YEAH~! Oh and Happy Birthday Derek!

Adam and Natalie said...

Em I'm sorry about your mom! I hope all goes well! She is such a sweet lady!