Well we've survived a week with a new little guy. Jarom is absolutely a perfect newborn. He sleeps, eats and poops! He rarely cries, and he gives me typically at least 2 1/2-3 hour stretches each night, not bad for a newborn.
The kids are adjusting each in their own way, sometimes good sometimes....not so good. Linnea has been a little bit more weepy, but on the other hand is head over heels in love with her new baby brother. Sometimes she snaps at Derek and I a little bit more, but that could be due to grumpy, sleep deprived mom as well.
Drew has been causing mischief, he likes to push buttons even more now, especially when mom is feeding Jarom since he has learned I can't get up to enforce what I'm saying. Smart little bugger. On the other hand he needs tons more reassurance that he's still my baby boy too. He wants us to hug, hold, and snuggle him more than ever. He as well loves his little brother, he asks to hold him and loves to give his head kisses. I figured Drew would be more jealous than Linnea and it seems to be true.
Derek...Derek is always a champ with new babies, he helps at night whenever I ask him too (he's usually a little loopy and doesn't remember getting up, but whatever) he has been balancing entertaining the other kids when I can't, school, moving, and work. So he's a champ hyped up on coke and Dr. Pepper :)
Me...well I'm doing pretty good. The baby blues hit a few days after delivery where the smallest things will make me cry...I usually get a few good days of the weeps then I seem to click into our schedule so I feel I'm on the uphill side of that part. The pubic symphysitis I had during pregnancy unfortunately is just if not more painful now after delivery, so I'm trying to deal with that. It really hurts if I sit too long, which is hard when a little baby demands to be fed every few hours. I am totally in love with my new little guy and I can't stop kissing him and rubbing his soft head with all his dark hair!!! I'm trying to really have patience and understand my other two love bugs are adjusting just like the rest of us, sometimes I really fall short and lose my temper, but I apologize and try harder next time. Hopefully we get into our routine after our move and we can have a wonderful summer together!
Look at all my babies! They look so similar to me, except different hair colors!!!
Linnea
Drew
Jarom
Love them





1 comments:
All such cute kids! What a lucky lady you are. Hope you are surviving, I have no advice to give :)
Post a Comment