O my goodness we had a busy Halloween season. So it will be several pictures. First it starts with a family party at my mom's house



This included Papa reading to the kids the all time cutest book ever "Goodnight Goon" it's a Halloween spin off of "Good night Moon" and I practiced my baking skills and whipped up a pumpkin shaped cake...I thought it' turned out ok and I was told it tasted great, (I didn't try it since I knew how much butter was in it :) ) If you can't tell Derek and I are Bonnie and Clyde and Andrew is a puppy with Nea as Cinderella.
Next we went to our ward party....


We had a lot of fun and felt a little awkward bringing guns in to the church, but o well...Linnea was able to experience her first trunk or treat and loved to spend another night dressed up as Cinderella. Drew was as chill as ever and just loves watching people especially everyone dressed up so funny.
The next weekend before Halloween we had Crystal and Charles over with their kids to make Halloween shirts and watch a scary movie... We watched the original Psycho after the kids went to sleep...you just can't beat a classic horror film...it actually is pretty creepy even though it for
sure wouldn't be rated R now a days.
making shirts, and Linnea sporting her finished shirt. You can't really see it but it has a pumpkin and glow in the dark mummies on it.
Finally the big day arrived...And then the fun food came out. We have a tradition for Halloween we have pumpkin pancakes for breakfast with apple cider syrup. Unfortunately this year I forgot the apple cider to make the syrup, so anyways we went without the special syrup. For dinner I made "gutsy pumpkins" You just carve a jack-o-lantern face in an orange bell pepper and stuff it with spaghetti...super cute. A funny story Linnea came into the kitchen when I had finished with the peppers and I said "look nea, we're going to eat some pumpkins." she walked right up to the counter and took a huge bite out of one...I thought she really liked a raw pepper at first then it hit her and she spit it right out on the floor!!!! Funny girl. Anyways we ended with a fun night of trick-or-treating. Linnea actually seemed to have more fun handing out candy. What a fun season I absolutely love the holidays and it is killing me not to bust out the Christmas tree right now. Maybe next week :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment