Pushing her school bus...

My baby is a year old today!!! Unbelievable. One year ago she was so tiny, so helpless and she slept all the time and didn't move hardly at all...now she is a bouncy, outspoken, independant red-head who has the entire world to conquer!!! She is such an adorable baby, I'm not biased I just say it how it is. She loves everyone and she LOVES to learn and discover. It's so funny to watch her see something new and then try to duplicate it herself. I love it when she does something and she knows she did something great you can see her face light up because she knows she succeeded. She has taken about four steps by herself up to this point, we've been a little slow going, she loves to walk alone and loves the praise she gets, but is just a little nervous to let go all the time, but we're getting there. She loves to dance, sing, throw everything, she loves peanut butter and bread, rice cakes, she loves spaghetti, mashed potatoes, kiwi, bananas, carrots, and now of course she loves cake and ice cream!!! She loves to give hugs, she'll reach her little arms up and wrap them around my neck just to give me a hug, she waves bye-bye, walks on her knees everywhere, she loves to read stories, she loves jingle-bells and the ornaments on our trees!!! We love her so very much, I can't explain how much she adds to my life. Derek and I were talking the other night about how different our life would be if we hadn't had Linnea so fast, I can't picture it, what would I do all day? Kind of crazy. We love her and hope she always knows that she is our joy and happiness!!!
She had a great birthday party, I attempted to do a bug theme, since she is out "little bug" don't judge the cake I spent a long time on it...it didn't turn out like the picture I had, but it tasted good. She got so many wonderful toys, she got a school bus, a push car, a new carseat (front facing baby, yay!!!) blocks, books, clothes, a puzzle a huge teddy bear so much...it was funny the night after she had all these new things, but she wanted to play in her carseat box, Derek made it into a tunnel and she would chase him through the box, I decided I'm never buying any more toys she more in to like tin foil and stuff like that :)

1 comments:
Happy Birthday Nea!!! Oh my gosh I remember exactly where I was 1 year ago...touring Stanford campus and I called you at the hospital and you had a new baby. Time flies doesn't it. By the way I thought you did a marvelous job on the cake! Really I liked it alot and Linnea is just glad to have such a hard working mom! Love ya tons and miss you guys wish I could have been at the birthday party!
Post a Comment