Ok another advice post. So my adorable, sweet Linnea enjoys...well hitting, scratching, and pinching...it's not cause she doesn't know what she's doing, I ruled that out real quick. She does do it out of frustration or she thinks it's a game. So anytime I don't give her what she wants she'll go straight for the face or now the neck ( who knows why she likes to pinch my neck) I'm a little torn on how to handle the situation...how do you disipline a 1 year old without doing the "NO, NO, NO," all the time ( I've just been told being negative is not always the best way to go), but obviously that is my first reaction everytime. I have tried to show her the correct way to touch, by slowly moving her hands on my face, or I've held her hands and said " no" of course. I've tried to set her on the ground and ignore her for a few seconds, but it doesn't really seem to be doing anything...I know kids do this, I know she is little, but I also want her to know that it is not ok to hit others, animals, but especially mom and dad! I don't know I'm pretty big on not letting your kids hit you. Any good tips would be great, she's little, but she does hurt. She likes to honk our noses, I don't know if maybe that is where the pinching came from because we made it seem like that was ok, so anywhere else must be ok, I don't know. Anyways we'll see how it goes.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am no expert, but I have always just put my little ones in their crib after saying firmly, "no, we do not hit", and without another word, walk out of the room, close the door, and come back in about a minute and ask them if they are ready to be nice. If they still freaked out and continued their temper tantrum, I would just walk away again without a word more and come back in a few minutes. She'll get the point eventually! Disciplining your children can sometimes feel like you are running on a hamster wheel... running, and running, but seeming to go nowhere! Good luck sweetie! Remember to be firm and consistent, even when she looks up at you with those big "mom, I'm so sad" eyes. Be strong :)
Post a Comment