My little Drew man is almost two....I can't believe it, sometimes I feel like it has gone pretty slow, but other times I feel like it has just flown by. My kids have been saying some funny things lately and I just want to write some down so I always have the memories
Drew is in love with...Me. Yes thank you he's my momma's boy which I'll take. Drew refuses to walk downt he stairs in the morning he must be held. He reaches his chubby little hands up with his blankie tassles in his hand and says "I got you, I got you, I got you!" This translates into...Hold me! He says it when we're sitting on the couch, when I'm cooking etc. He loves to be held and loved and basically just see what's going on.
He is still my little thumb sucker, I honestly am in love with it, but unfortunately we will hopefully be weening in a few weeks...I don't know how to start, but that's what I keep telling myself.
Linnea has gotten her first bike, and honestly hasn't taken to it as much as I would've hoped. She almost fell off a little while ago and sometimes Nea takes awhile to really jump back on the horse again...sooo hopefully that helps.
This little sweetie had a realization the other day that I thought was hilarious that I want to share....she loves Turkey sandwiches so I whipped her up one for lunch. She was about halfway through the sandwhich when I looked over at her and saw her holding the turkey meat in her hands...with tears coming down her little cheeks. I asked her what was wrong and she asked me if this was a chicken, I told her no it was Turkey. She just started balling! She cried while she held her murdered turkey and said "I want turkey's to be animals!" I realized at that moment she had just understood that when we eat meat we are eating animals! It was the saddest, cutest thing ever. She seriously carried the turkey meat around for about ten minutes just holding it, mourning it. I told her if it made her sad she didn't have to eat it...but in the end the liking for her yummy turkey sandwiches won out...she ate the dead turkey and accepted the fact.
Fun times around this house...I'm struggling physically to do just about anything. I have pubic symphysitis with this little guy which means my ligaments and cartilage surrounding my pelvis and pubic bones are super stretched and super inflamed so any movement feels like I'm getting stabbed in that general area or getting poked with a hot poker...ladies you can imagine that that is uncomfortable. I'm concerned about making it to my due date with work since I walk and bend a lot with my patients I feel it's making it a little worse....so hopefully it all works out. I've tried everything I can, I've got a belt I wear I try to take it easy, but it's not so easy when the hubs works nights and I'm working. I appreciate the offers for help I've gotten, we'll survive but I do look forward to having that pain gone in a few months so I can actually run and play outside with the kids instead of being a spectator on the porch! It's all worth it at least!
Well hope everyone else is enjoying this spring weather....I hope Utah doesn't play any nasty tricks and start to snow or something


0 comments:
Post a Comment