Wow, this is the first post that I've done about our little nugget that is baking in the oven.
I blame my computer for some of that, it's really had a hard time with this site for some reason, but also I've just been putting things off for a long time I guess.
Well we have baby number three coming and we recently learned it is another BOY! We're pretty excited, but I have to admit I am nervous to have two boys right next to each other. Drew is kind of going through some busy, tornado, terrible twos! Linnea was busy at this age, but not quite as destructive. Drew takes pleasure in pulling things off the shelves, climbing on furniture, and I have used more band aids and Neosporin on this kid than I ever did with Linnea. So...yes I am a little nervous to have two little destructos within two years of each other!
At the beginning of this pregnancy I felt so much anxiety....doesn't make sense right....it's not my first time around the baby block, but it came much faster than I expected. Derek still has three years left before he's out of school and holy cow I just felt like there was no way we could keep adding more kids to the picture.
This pregnancy has also been my hardest so far. I've only actually thrown up twice, but I had extreme nausea all day long to the point I was actually trying to throw up and it wouldn't come...it was pleasant. Well for the most part that has passed, now I'm dealing with intense pain during walking. It has slowly gotten worse with each baby and this little guy is really making it tough. I'm going to be ordering a band to help lift him up and see if that helps. I wish I could explain it, the only way I can describe it is a shot put ball putting burning pressure between my hips every time I move my lower half...it doesn't make it easy at work working with patients...secretly I want to steal their wheelchairs and wheel myself around the building :)
The two kids are getting ready as well. Linnea is going to be such a little mom I can already tell. I promised her I would let her help me feed him with a bottle at one point. She is good at being mom...sometimes too much. I often find her putting her younger brother in time out and taking privalages away :). Drew I only worry that he won't understand why the kid won't play with him so I do worry he might touch a little rough at times, but he'll learn. And as many of you know newborns take up a lot of time so I worry my little destructive boy may take that opportunity to make a run through the house :)
I'm prepping already to have this kid. I'm planning on no medical interventions again, just like with Drew. I struggled during pushing with Drew so Derek and I are prepping so hopefully I won't beg for a C-section again when his head is basically out :) Drew's labor was pretty fast, so the Doctor told me they typically just get faster so be sure and get to the hospital as soon as I have consistant contractions, so that will be nice too if he comes fast :) I am so happy to have a summer baby (June 12) I think that will help with the other kids too, we'll be able to go outside and let them get their wiggles out.
Well life is pretty good....it doesn't change a lot, we're just busy mentally preparring to officially be outnumbered kid wise :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment