I am struggling to be blunt. I am amazed at myself and feel like I'm a complainer, but I can't stinking help it. I work less than I did and my job is as close to my home as I could ever want it and I'm having a HARDER time working than I was when we were living in Eagle Mountain and I commuted forty minutes both ways and worked forty hours a week. What the heck? I feel I'm in a constant battle with myself to enjoy my job, to just suck it up and deal with it for the next few years. Has anyone felt their whole soul was in unrest! That's what I've felt for the last three months and I'm running out of steam. I don't know how to deal. I pray multiple times a day just to help me have a positive out look on things. Derek and I are praying that our soon to be released eBook can help us financially and maybe allow me to go PRN, cross your fingers. We feel good about it, we feel like it's a good goal, and we both feel like it's a good eBook, I hope you'll all take a look at it!
Anyways, life is crazy and it's crazy the way it teaches you lessons. I've never been a patient person, until the last few months or so. I've been barely holding on sometimes, and I've been patiently waiting to see the outcomes of our decisions and I've been patiently waiting for answers to my prayers. In my patriarchal blessing I was told patience is one of the lessons I am to learn and I'm learning it! I'm grateful for the lesson even though the process bluntly sucks, but it will help me throughout my life.
I've learned that I'm developing new talents. My other blog is slowly growing, some days it gets around 200 visitors. It's still a little guy, but I've really developed a love for healthy eating and living and can't wait to grow that talent and hopefully share it with others.
I've learned I don't take my children for granted as much as I used to. I have some amazing friends who haven't found it so easy to have kids quickly or in their time frame and I am so inspired by their strength and example and they are helping me to be a better mom and love my little ones more! I look for the day when I can stay home full-time and I swear it if any of you hear my complain about being a stay at home mom you have my permission to stand up, walk across the room, and smack me in my face so hard it leaves a mark! I pray I will never take my sweet kids for granted! They are my life as well as Derek! I don't know what I'd do without them.
Even though our struggles may seem small to others or may look like they aren't really struggles...they are ours. These are trials that the Lord is using to build us and make us better....most days I think I endure it well....other's I fall short, but even though this has been a tough summer I'm grateful for these invaluable lessons I've learned and for the appreciation I've gained for what I have and hope to have someday!

0 comments:
Post a Comment