Well I am changing some major habits in our house. I've been reading a book called "Disease Proof Your Child", it's the same doctor that wrote the book "Eat to Live" which was the plan that helped me lose all my weight plus some after Linnea was born. Well I wanted to teach my kids what truly healthy eating was when they were young, Linnea already is catching on, she tells me when she's playing with her kitchen set that she's going to make a healthy lunch to make her big and strong. She also tells me that her vegetables and fruit are now healthy for her, she still will initially not want to eat green things, but after awhile if she sees us making a big deal about how good they are she'll eat them. Anyways Derek has even joined in which is a big deal Derek loves his butter, ice cream, and sweets. Well last night I wanted to make some granola bars so I kind of invented some, they ended up not sticking together so I just made it into granola. It was really good, Derek said they tasted like crumbled up no-bakes (even though there was hardly any chocolate) so I thought I'd share my little recipe. I tried following someones recipe, but I had to make my own twist on it. So here is the super food granola:
Sunday, February 19, 2012
My new invention
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup roughly chopped cashews
3 tsp chia seeds (super food)
2 tsp ground flax seed (super food)
2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
1/4 cup whole buckwheat groats (optional)
crushed dark chocolate (optional)
Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt first three ingredients together for 45 sec. Combine all other ingredients. Mix in melted peanut butter mixture. Pour into 8x 8 baking pan bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown on top. I really liked it. I used it for my cereal this morning with almond milk, and fresh raspberries, yum. Well here's to healthy eating!!!!
Posted by Emily at 5:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment